2. to stand off, to stand aloof
1. to go away, to depart from anyone
2. to desert, withdraw from one
3. to fall away, become faithless
4. to shun, flee from
5. to cease to vex one
6. to withdraw one's self from, to fall away
7. to keep one's self from, absent one's self from
You stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, you do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
The latter dispels the notion of a difference for new covenant believers. The Jews here are being held accountable for stubbornly resisting the Holy Spirit, just as their ancestors did.